The USC Graduate School’s Diversity Outreach and Academic Professional Development Programs will be offering Seminars and Panels on the University Park Campus between September 26th and November 14th. Dates and times vary, please refer to the information below. There is a two-step registration process. Space is limited and provided on a first come, first served basis. If you have a question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Research Resources, Library Search Strategies, & Conducting the Literature Review (Wed, 9/26, 3 – 5 p.m.)
• Persuasive Writing and Editing Strategies: Research Papers, Thesis, Dissertations (Wed, 10/3, 3 – 5 p.m.)
• Communicating Effectively in Scholarly and Professional Environments, and Organizing your Research for Conferences, Panels, & Classroom Presentations (Wed, 10/17, 3 – 5 p.m.)
• Supporting Your Research With Grant & Fellowship Funding: Search & Application Strategies (Wed, 10/24, 3 – 5 p.m.)
• Writing the Job Market Package: Cover Letters & Personal Statements (Wed, 10/31, 3 – 5 p.m.)
• Writing the Job Market Package: Differentiating between the CV & Résumé (Wed, 11/7, 3 – 5 p.m.)
• University Research Protocols & Conducting Ethical Research (Wed, 11/14, 3 – 5 p.m.)
• Managing the Dissertation Process: Affective and Procedural Recommendations (Thurs, 9/27, 3 – 5 p.m.)
• Preparing for the Global Market: Making the most of your experiences while at USC (Thurs, 10/11, 3 – 5 p.m.)
• Pressures to Publish in the Academy: Perspectives and Advice from Post-Docs and Faculty Members (Thurs, 10/25, 3 – 5 p.m.)
• Women in the Academy: Experiences and Strategies for Success (Thurs, 11/8, 3 – 5 p.m.)
SESSION INFORMATION & REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
Sessions will take place on the University Park Campus. Students are encouraged to attend more than one session (there is no limit).
Step One: Send an email as soon as possible to email@example.com and indicate the workshop(s) you are interested in attending. In your correspondence provide: (1) your name, (2) department, (3) year in program, and (4) faculty advisor’s name and email.
Step Two: Submit an application. You may submit your application via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or return to the USC Graduate School, Diversity & Academic Professional Development, GFS 315T, Los Angeles, CA 90089. You may also fax your materials to (213) 740-9048.
The final application deadline is Friday, September 21, 2012 (before 12:00 p.m.). Early registration is encouraged. Space is reserved on a first come, first served basis. Confirmations will be sent out on a continuous basis, starting on Monday, September 17, 2012. The due date may be extended, pending available space. Sessions can accommodate up to 50 students. Waitlists will be utilized.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON GRADUATE PROFESSIONALIZATION
For questions, contact Jesse S. Watson or Richard Andalon, USC Graduate School, Diversity & Academic Professional Development.
Telephone: (213) 740-3429